The Bruny Island Environment Network Inc. was established in January, 2009. We are a network of individuals and groups with an interest in the conservation of the natural resources and biodiversity of Bruny Island, Tasmania, Australia. The aims and purpose of the network are to:
1. Promote the biodiversity, cultural heritage and scenic values of Bruny Island and generate resources and support for their protection.
2. Support economic activity on Bruny that is ecologically sustainable, generates sustainable livelihoods on the island and enhances its values.
3. Provide information and support for landholders, the wider Bruny community and visitors about environmental and conservation issues.
4. Work with private and public landholders to improve environmental outcomes, particularly:
• Vegetation management,
• Improved environmental management practices,
• Environmental education,
• Management of reserved and protected areas, and
• Coastal and marine conservation and management
Our strength is in our membership and the quality of our representations and activities. $5 single or $10 family. Become a member today and help Bruny remain special. You can apply or renew using the link above. How to pay details will be emailed to you.
Do you have special skills and passions that you can share? Volunteer your skills here.
Your support can help keep Bruny Special and support some or all of our projects.